Yarlington Housing Group has a strong track record in providing new affordable homes. Although the current economic climate is challenging Yarlington Housing Group remains positive and our experienced and highly-regarded development team is working on providing 1000 new affordable homes ny 2020.
As a responsible developer, all new homes combat rising carbon emissions and energy prices resulting in outstanding thermal efficiency, comfort and low fuel bills for our customers.
By using modern methods of construction we continue to build to the highest standards. Our success at engaging with communities means that local residents are actively involved in improvements - from approving house layouts to influencing how their homes are managed.
The quality of our housing design is very high. We challenge our architects to work with local people to achieve timeless design styles, creating safe and appealing home environments now and for the future.
The new corporate plan for 2009/2010 will set out key objectives for the next five years. Within the corporate plan the development department is tasked to:
- Build 1860 new affordable homes
- Build 100 new non-affordable homes
- Regenerate or modernise 482 PRC properties (pre-cast reinforced concrete)
- Build all new affordable homes to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3 increasing to Level 4 after 2012
- Expand our area of operation into:
- Mendip District Council
- Taunton Deane District Council
- North Dorset District Council
- West Dorset District Council
- East Devon District Council
- Salisbury District Council
- Sedgmoor District Council
As well as maintaining our presence in South Somerset.
To achieve these challenging new targets we will be working closely with our long term partnering constructors Jones Building Contractors and Mansell, as well as working with our new consultant partners:
We will also continue to build our new homes using off site manufacturing techniques based around our closed panel timber frame product supply by either Frame UK or Advanced Panel Systems procured through Advantage South West (ASW).