Since 2011 Yarlington has responded to our nation’s ever growing housing crisis by delivering our ‘Building Communities’ Strategy. This resulted in Yarlington building more homes than ever before, and offering a broader and deeper range of services. Our published annual reports demonstrate that the strategy has served us extremely well with much to be proud of; but clearly there is much more to do.
We, of course, don’t claim to have all the solutions but what we have done is asked our customers, stakeholders and staff: What should our contribution and involvement be to addressing our societal challenges?
In April 2014 we launched our new 2020 strategy which encompasses 20 Pledges we aim to fulfil by the year 2020.
The 20 Pledges vision was the result of the consultation with our communities, our
stakeholders and our staff. Not only do they reflect the priorties of
the organisation and what we intend to do but represent our direct response to what we have found are the needs and aspirations within our communities.
Alongside our team’s commitment to deliver the 20 Pledges
, we will be investing in excess of £500 million pounds over the next six years. This investment will support the creation of more new homes and the development and delivery of a broad range of services. We hope you agree that our pledges represent our continued passion and commitment to build thriving and happy communities.
“There are exciting and challenging times
ahead for our organisation. Our pledges represent a road map to success.
We want to provide the best possible service to our customers, whilst
retaining and attracting excellent staff. By driving greater certainty into the business, and planning for the future, we can ensure that we move forward
confidently and with clarity.
Our ambitions are many, and we are confident that they each will be realised."
Chief Executive Gary Orr
Our 20 Pledges that will ensure a better future for our residents, our communities and our business:
- Provide brilliant service
- Work tirelessly to eradicate fuel poverty within our communities
- Ensure all of our households have access to online services
- Work to reduce the social and economic gaps that exist within our communities
- To build 1,500 new homes by 2020
- The Best Employer
- Support community leaders
- Have a thorough understanding of our costs and value
- Financially stronger than we are today
- Exercise outstanding governance & leadership
- Have continuous improvement and innovation running through all of our key processes
- Maximise Social Value opportunities in everything we do
- Support and enable the vulnerable
- Environmentally aware and acting upon it
- Be a partner of choice, and set the agenda
- A creator and supporter of community assets
- Use customer insight to drive business decisions
- Provide a work environment and culture that enables employees to thrive
- Be open to bringing new, added value businesses into the group
- Have a portfolio of properties that people want, can afford and add to our bottom line
We have three strategies:
Customer - covers our Customer Services and focuses on the delivery of 11 Pledges (1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 13, 16, 17 & 20) Click here to view our Customer Services Strategy.
Organisation - picks up 7 Pledges (1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15 & 18)
- Growth - considers how Yarlington delivers the final two pledges (5 & 19)
More information can be found in our Building the Future Customer Services Strategy booklet here or in the useful downloads section on the right hand side of this page.