Our new Workplace Empowerment Project, delivered by South Somerset Mind, supports Yarlington residents by helping them to gain the confidence they need to get into the workplace, training or volunteering.
Each session covers a different topic around mental health, for example:
- Poor vs good mental health
- Increasing your self-esteem
- Managing your worries
The groups also introduces members to various mindfulness, meditation & relaxation techniques, as well as some arts and crafts. As well as this, members have the opportunity to work on some goal setting; talking about their employment status, what they want to achieve and how we can support them with their goals.
The 12 week group programmes currently run in three different locations:
- St Mark’s Hall, Yeovil every Monday from 12-3pm
- Chard Young People’s Centre every Wednesday from 12-3pm
- Henhayes Centre Crewkerne every Friday 12-3pm (beginning Friday 30th September)
We can also offer one to one sessions at our offices or as a home visit. If you are a Yarlington resident and would like to get involved, please contact the South Somerset Mind office on 01935 474875. You can also speak to a member of the Yarlington team to find out more.