Welfare Benefit Help and Support

There is a new and different form of emergency help know as the Local Assistant Scheme.

This replaced the Crisis Loans and Community Care Grants with effect from 2nd April 2013

If you have an emergency that means you have no way of getting basic essentials e.g.

  • Food for yourself and other members of your household
  • Fuel to cook with or to heat essential rooms or
  • Essential items of furniture and bedding

then download the leaflet for more details  of how to apply.